FluLast Updated: Wednesday, 11 October 2023
Flu Clinic 2023
Our Flu Clinics will be held on Thursday 12th October and Friday 13th October 2023 at Leyland Road Church, Leyland Road, Southport, PR9 9JQ. Click here to see more information.
Invitations will be sent out to all patients who are eligible to receive a free flu vaccination. Those eligible for a free flu vaccination include:
- Patients aged 65 years and over,
- Patients aged 6 months to 64 who are in clinical risk groups,
- Pregnant women
- Carers, those in receipt of carer's allowance or who are the main carer of an elderly or disabled person,
- Patients who are household contacts of immunocompromised individuals
- All children aged 2 and 3 years old on 31st August 2023
- Frontline health and social care staff
- Patients who are residents of nursing or care homes
- Children in school year groups Reception to Year 11 - these children unless they are within a clinical risk group will be given the vaccination at school and will not receive the vaccination from the surgery.
Please note that the flu clinic at Leyland Road is for adult patients only - please click here to read our flu letter regarding the flu clinics. We will be holding flu clinics at the surgery for 2- and 3-year-olds and those aged under 18 who are in a clinical risk group.
Patients who are housebound or are residents within care homes or nursing homes will be visited by a specialist team. They will contact patients separately.
If you have any questions regarding flu vaccinations, please contact the surgery on 01704 226973.
You can find out more about the flu vaccination programme on the NHS website.